That’s just a “code name”. I wasn’t inspired and I don’t bother anymore thinking deeply about names. So far those names just help me organising my code, prefabs and components, right?
Anyway, I just made a new enemy this morning. It was nothing like a priority, but I just wanted to play a bit with Blender.
Also, I did this sketch few days back when I was trying to imagine some bosses.
As I said previously, I’m not even trying to make anything beautiful for the game in Blender. Instead I’m trying to re-use the meshes I created in the past as much as I can. Creating a mesh from scratch is still a pain for me. So this enemy is a regular cat. I just scaled his head, arms, torso and pants. It’s low cost for low quality! But it will do the trick for a mobile indie game, hopefully 😀
Then, I did a simple idle animation where the cat is kind of levitating. Finally I integrated it in Unity.
That’s where I am. I’ll let this enemy aside and work on its AI and animations from time to time. There is no rush…
One thing I can mention though is I’ll introduce soon enough the ability for the main character to deflect bullets with a tap with 2 fingers. It will consume 2 slots of energy from the blue bar (used for dashes so far). But purple bullets like those thrown by this enemy won’t be deflectible. This should enable me to add some more subtlety to the gameplay!